During Rocking Reading Week each year in March, students (with the help of their parents) will record their reading minutes for the day, every day, to see how many minutes the school can read as a whole over a week-long period. There are Special Guests all week that come in to entertain and read to students by grade-level, and Volunteer Readers occupy a rocking chair in the front lobby constantly throughout the week.
February 27 – March 3, 2017
Save the Date for the following Rocking Reading events!
Rocking Reading/Book Fair evening event – Thursday, March 2. More details to come.
Spirit Week – Dress as your favorite character in each of the following book genres
- Monday 2/27 – Comedy (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Dragons Love Tacos, Cat in the Hat, Amelia Bedelia, Fly Guy)
- Tuesday 2/28 – Classics (Wizard of Oz, Mary Poppins, Pinocchio, Sherlock Holmes, Alice in Wonderland, Pippi Longstocking, Peter Pan)
- Wednesday 3/1 – Fantasy (Harry Potter, Narnia, The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, Where the Wild Things Are, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory)
- Thursday 3/2 – Comics (Superheroes, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Pokemon)
- Friday 3/3 – Animal Fiction (Charlotte’s Web, Three Little Pigs, If you give a Mouse a Cookie, Clifford)