Parents, check your school’s calendar for Kindergarten Round-up in April.
By Kansas law, children who turn five years of age on or before August 31, are eligible to attend kindergarten in the fall. All-day kindergarten is no cost to families in our district.
Kindergarten Roundup serves as the official enrollment event for incoming kindergarten students. At roundup, parents will schedule a screening appointment for their kindergarten student. Parents will get a download of what to expect the first year while soon-to-be-students peruse the Book Swap tables for “new” books and participated in activities.
What to Bring to Round-Up:
- Certified copy of your child’s birth certificate
- Immunization records
- Proof of residency (in the form of a utility bill, contract for a home, or a lease)
- Completed Enrollment Form
- Checkbook (YCare enrollment, Activities Sign-up, School Directory, Spirit Wear, etc.)
- Integrates new learning with past experiences through project work.
- Provides learning in a literacy-rich environment.
- Emphasizes language development through appropriate pre-reading and literacy skills.
- Provides mixed skill-level groups.
- Emphasizes reading as well as listening to literature.
- Engages students in hands-on, STEM-focused learning.
- Utilizes technology to support relevant learning in the classroom.
- Offers a balance of individual, small group, and whole group instructional experiences.
- Assesses student progress through teacher observation, performance, and student work samples.
- Provides sufficient time and practical application for individual progress on basic skills.
- Extends and enriches students in various concepts and areas of interest.
Learn more here.