Parents, mark your calendars for Kindergarten Round-up, Tuesday, April 25th from 6:30-8:00 p.m.
By Kansas law, children who turn five years of age on or before August 31, 2017, are eligible to attend kindergarten in the fall. All-day kindergarten is no cost to families in our district.
Kindergarten Roundup serves as the official enrollment event for incoming kindergarten students. At roundup, parents will schedule a screening appointment for their kindergarten student. Parents will get a download of what to expect the first year while soon-to-be-students peruse the Book Swap tables for “new” books and participated in activities.
Please print out and complete the following forms, and turn them in to Belinder’s office ON or BEFORE April 25th:
- Enrollment Form (English)
- Enrollment Form (Spanish)
- Enrollment Addendum (English)
- Enrollment Addendum (Spanish)
- Health History and Permit Form
- Home Language Survey
What to Bring to Round-Up:
- Certified copy of your child’s birth certificate
- Immunization records
- Proof of residency (in the form of a utility bill, contract for a home, or a lease)
- Checkbook (YCare enrollment, Activities Sign-up, School Directory, Spirit Wear, etc.)
- Integrates new learning with past experiences through project work.
- Provides learning in a literacy-rich environment.
- Emphasizes language development through appropriate pre-reading and literacy skills.
- Provides mixed skill-level groups.
- Emphasizes reading as well as listening to literature.
- Engages students in hands-on, STEM-focused learning.
- Utilizes technology to support relevant learning in the classroom.
- Offers a balance of individual, small group, and whole group instructional experiences.
- Assesses student progress through teacher observation, performance, and student work samples.
- Provides sufficient time and practical application for individual progress on basic skills.
- Extends and enriches students in various concepts and areas of interest.
Learn more here.