WHY JOIN THE PTA:
What is PTA? Why join PTA? The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits. Individuals and local units can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTA membership including discounts and offers from member benefits providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more.
Belinder Elementary has a tradition of being a very active organization that benefits the children of Belinder. Through its active volunteer program, the PTA supports the library, garden, and field trips, as well as providing help in the classrooms. There are more than 30 events and programs that allow you to become an active part of your child’s education, including:
- Variety Show
- Ice Cream Social
- Book Fair
- Teacher Grants
- Birthday Book Club
- Harvest Carnival
- Belinder G.I.V.E.S.
- Rocking Reading Week
- Family Math Night
- Book Swaps
- Culver’s Nights
- Classroom Parties